Crafty Readers: The Haunted Library
Friday, July 27 & August 3 | 10am-12pm
Location: New Museum Los Gatos, 106 E. Main St, Los Gatos
Fee: $85 ($65 advance price, if booked at least 3 weeks prior to camp)
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep your kids reading this summer! Crafty Readers is a new series of two-day reading clubs that is sure to appeal to book lovers and readers ages 8-11. Crafty readers will discuss a chosen chapter book and engage in book-related activities including making crafts and snacks, and engage with the book in a variety of fun ways. Readers will also keep a writing journal for discussion points, reflective writing, or artistic interpretation of reading that they can show off during book club. This will be a real page turner of a camp! Be sure to reserve a place before we're all booked up!
When ghost boy Kaz’s haunt is torn down and he is separated from his ghost family, he meets a real girl named Claire, who lives above the town library with her parents and her grandmother. Claire has a special ability to see ghosts when other humans cannot and she and Kaz quickly form a friendship. The two join forces to solve the mystery of the ghost that’s haunting the library. Could it be one of Kaz’s lost family members?
- Each Crafty Reader session is held over two consecutive Fridays.
- Snacks will be provided for all participants, please include any food restrictions in the registration form.
- Participants must buy or borrow their own copy of the book.
- Participants must pick up their reading journal at NUMU (during regular museum hours) the week before camp in order to be able to discuss the book for the first meeting.
- Parents/guardians must bring registration receipt on the first day of camp.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for signing campers in and out with a Camp NU staff member, and completing an emergency contact form on the first day of camp.