Crafty Readers: The Great Cake Mystery
Friday, August 10 & 17 | 10am-12pm
Location: New Museum Los Gatos, 106 E. Main St, Los Gatos
Fee: $85 ($65 advance price, if booked at least 3 weeks prior to camp)
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep your kids reading this summer! Crafty Readers is a new series of two-day reading clubs that is sure to appeal to book lovers and readers ages 8-11. Crafty readers will discuss a chosen chapter book and engage in book-related activities including making crafts and snacks, and engage with the book in a variety of fun ways. Readers will also keep a writing journal for discussion points, reflective writing, or artistic interpretation of reading that they can show off during book club. This will be a real page turner of a camp! Be sure to reserve a place before we're all booked up!
Have you ever said to yourself, Wouldn’t it be nice to be a detective? This is the story of an African girl who says just that. Her name is Precious. When a piece of cake goes missing from her classroom, a traditionally built young boy is tagged as the culprit. Precious, however, is not convinced. She sets out to find the real thief. Along the way she learns that your first guess isn’t always right. She also learns how to be a detective.
- Each Crafty Reader session is held over two consecutive Fridays.
- Snacks will be provided for all participants, please include any food restrictions in the registration form.
- Participants must buy or borrow their own copy of the book.
- Participants must pick up their reading journal at NUMU (during regular museum hours) the week before camp in order to be able to discuss the book for the first meeting.
- Parents/guardians must bring registration receipt on the first day of camp.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for signing campers in and out with a Camp NU staff member, and completing an emergency contact form on the first day of camp.