Interns have the opportunity to gain experience and skills in curatorial, administrative, design, marketing, event planning, and educational programming.
NUMU is seeking high school (ages 16+) and college/university students studying Art / History / Art History / Marketing / Advertising / Fundraising / Communications / Graphic Design / Education / Event Planning / Museum Studies. Volunteer and paid work experience in the arts and history fields are helpful.
We are accepting internship applications for the following departments: Graphics, Administration, Marketing, Collections.
New Museum Los Gatos invites college/university students to take part in our Art or History Museum Internship program. Submit an application and become eligible to play an active role in supporting the various programs that NUMU presents as one of the Bay Area's leading cultural organizations.
Interns are requested to commit to a 4–10 hours p/week schedule during the Museum's administrative hours between 9 am – 5 pm, Monday to Friday. Opportunities are also available for evenings and weekend support.
The typical internship period is 3 months.
Intern responsibilities can vary but generally include:
- Program support: Support preparation for Museum programs and events as well as assist staff and observe the program.
- Administrative support: Assist with additional administrative responsibilities including the organization of Museum documents and research for exhibitions.
- Graphic support: Design posters, flyers, banners, and other graphics as needed for Museum special events.
- Curatorial support: Aid the Museum in its preparation for the installation / de-installation of exhibitions.
- PR / marketing support: Strengthen our media outreach with social and printed media.
- Collections support: Assist with inventory, maintenance, and storage.