Interns will have the opportunity to gain experience and skills in curatorial, administrative, design, marketing, event planning, and educational programming. They will generally report to the curatorial staff.
NUMU is seeking candidates at the junior, senior, or graduate level who are studying Art / History / Art History / Marketing / Advertising / Fundraising / Communications / Graphic Design / Education / Event Planning / Museum Studies. Any experience in art or history in school, volunteer work, or paid work is helpful.
We are currently looking for interns in the following departments: Graphics, Administration, Marketing, Collections.
New Museum Los Gatos is looking for current college/university students to take part in an Art or History Museum Internship. New Museum Los Gatos internship offers the opportunity for interns to play an active role while learning the many elements that must come together to create an exhibition.
Interns are expected to commit 4 – 10 hours per week, usually during administrative hours between 9 am – 5 pm but may be needed on evening or weekend events. Internships last 3 months.
Intern responsibilities can vary but generally include:
- Program support: Support preparation for Museum programs and events as well as assist staff and observe the program.
- Administrative support: Assist with additional administrative responsibilities including the organization of Museum documents and research for exhibitions.
- Graphic support: Design posters, flyers, banners, and other graphics as needed for Museum special events.
- Curatorial support: Aid the Museum in its preparation for the installation / de-installation of exhibitions.
- PR / marketing support: Strengthen our media outreach with social and printed media.
- Collections support: Assist with inventory, maintenance, and storage.