Crafty Readers: Dragon Masters (Book 1)
Friday, June 15 & 22 | 10am-12pm
Location: New Museum Los Gatos, 106 E. Main St, Los Gatos
If you have questions, please email email@example.com
Keep your kids reading this summer! Crafty Readers is a new series of two-day reading clubs that is sure to appeal to book lovers and readers ages 8-11. Crafty readers will discuss a chosen chapter book and engage in book-related activities including making crafts and snacks, and engage with the book in a variety of fun ways. Readers will also keep a writing journal for discussion points, reflective writing, or artistic interpretation of reading that they can show off during book club. This will be a real page turner of a camp! Be sure to reserve a place before we're all booked up!
Dragon Masters: Rise of the Earth Dragon is the story of a gentle peasant boy, eight-year-old Drake, who is chosen by the magical Dragon Stone to train dragons along with three other Dragon Masters-in-training. The four students must learn to connect with their dragons and discover their unique powers.
- Each Crafty Reader session is held over two consecutive Fridays.
- Snacks will be provided for all participants, please include any food restrictions in the registration form.
- Participants must buy or borrow their own copy of the book.
- Participants must pick up their reading journal at NUMU (during regular museum hours) the week before camp in order to be able to discuss the book for the first meeting.
- Parents/guardians must bring registration receipt on the first day of camp.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for signing campers in and out with a Camp NU staff member, and completing an emergency contact form on the first day of camp.