Crafty Readers: Thorfinn the Nicest Viking (Thorfinn and the Awful Invasion)
Friday, July 13 & 20 | 10am-12pm
Location: New Museum Los Gatos, 106 E. Main St, Los Gatos
Fee: $85 ($65 advance price, if booked at least 3 weeks prior to camp)
If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep your kids reading this summer! Crafty Readers is a new series of two-day reading clubs that is sure to appeal to book lovers and readers ages 8-11. Crafty readers will discuss a chosen chapter book and engage in book-related activities including making crafts and snacks, and engage with the book in a variety of fun ways. Readers will also keep a writing journal for discussion points, reflective writing, or artistic interpretation of reading that they can show off during book club. This will be a real page turner of a camp! Be sure to reserve a place before we're all booked up!
Thorfinn comes from a long line of ferocious, rampaging Vikings... But Thorfinn is a peace-loving, tea-drinking, jam-making thoroughly nice Viking. The first book introduces Thorfinn and explains how he got his Viking name (Thorfinn the Very-Very-Nice-Indeed)
- Each Crafty Reader session is held over two consecutive Fridays.
- Snacks will be provided for all participants, please include any food restrictions in the registration form.
- Participants must buy or borrow their own copy of the book.
- Participants must pick up their reading journal at NUMU (during regular museum hours) the week before camp in order to be able to discuss the book for the first meeting.
- Parents/guardians must bring registration receipt on the first day of camp.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for signing campers in and out with a Camp NU staff member, and completing an emergency contact form on the first day of camp.